- Apply concealer around and under your eyes to conceal dark circles. Dark circles will give you sunken-eye look and will make your eyes appear smaller.
- Keep your eyebrows groomed, lightly filled in, and tammed. Eyebrows that are too bold, overgrown, and shapeless are a no, no!
- Aim to keep your eyeshadow simple by sticking to a single, lighter shade. Although use of multiple eye shadows complete the layered look and add definition to eyes, a single shade will actually make your eyes look bigger. The lighter, the better.
- Line the bottom inner part of you eye and tear duct region with a soft white eyeliner
- **Apply your favorite liner to your upper lash line and then smudge it with a smudge brush, or use a brush from the start and simply smudge a rich, dark eyeshadow along your upper lash line and the outer corner of the bottom lashes. I go for the later option of applying a dark eyeshadow along my lashes with a small, angled brush, on both upper and lower lash lines. Smudging or using shadow creates a softer more blended and natural look, rather than a distinct, strong line of eyeliner.
- Gradually taper the liner from thin at the inside corner to thinker at the outside edge.
- Apply a small amount of soft, shimmery white, bisque, or ivory eyeshadow to the inside corner of your eye. I just use the same color I use on my lids.
- You can apply highlighting creams to the upper eyelid and up to the brow bones to make your eyes look bigger. As the highlighting creams have high sheen, they should be applied with a light hand. Just a bit of cream is enough to do the trick!
- Curl your upper lashes with a lash curler before applying mascara.
- Apply two coats of your favorite mascara, carefully keeping it as ‘natural’ looking as possible. Be sure to let the first layer dry, then continue with the second.
- Curl lashes once again after the mascara is dry.
- The use of false lashes really make a statement, BUT a little goes a long way. I recommend applying the single lashes to the outer corners of your upper eyelids only.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in medium brown
- L’Oreal infallible eyeshadow in iced latte
- NYX Cosmetics Eyeliner in white
- Maybelline expert eyewear in night sky (matte)
- Benefit Cosmetics Going Solo False Lashes
- Maybelline expert tools angled definer brush
- Maybelline mascara big eyes
**not pictured is my all time favorite concealer Maybelline age rewind instant dark circle eraser
Click to see my everyday makeup, evening makeup, and favorite drugstore makeup products