I love mornings. And Breakfast!
A new day means new beginnings, coffee, and feeling rested (most of the time).
Why not start the day off right with a wholesome breakfast that’s filling, sustaining, good for you, and yummy at the same time?!
My new favorite breakfast of choice is bircher muesli… a breakfast dish based on raw rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, fresh or dried fruits, seeds and nuts, mixed with milk, soy milk, yogurt or fruit juice.
My recipe of choice:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (the “old fashioned” kind)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of milk, soy milk, almond milk or, coconut milk
- 1/2 sliced banana
- pecan pieces
- coconut flakes
- combine the oats and milk in a closed container to soak over night in the refrigerator.
- the next morning stir in the banana, pecans, coconut flakes, raisins, and cinnimon.
- enjoy cold or warm (I prefer mine warmed in the microwave) with a little extra milk.
There are a ton of other recipies out there and I have yet to try any other ingredients becuase I love this one so much 🙂