I recently turned 30, and I feel compelled, more than ever, to take care of my skin as best as I can. My skin is combination: not super dry and not super oily, and I tend to get hormonal acne along my jaw and chin. After lots of trial and error with lots of different products, I have finally found the ones my skin loves!
Skin Care Products I Love
- Up until a few months ago, I had completely forgotten about this gem I had tossed in a drawer (sad, I know)! A recent conversation with my cousin jogged my memory about it and I’ve been using it ever since. I believe it’s a little too harsh to use twice a day, so I reserve it for my evening routine. Coupled with a gentle cleanser, I love how clean it makes my face feel. If I wash my face without it for a few days I can definitely tell a difference in my skin.
- A brightening, deep cleansing face wash that removes dirt, oil and other impurities to leave behind a healthy-lookin glow. It smells like citrus which instantly awakens not only my senses but also my skin. I use a small amount with my clarisonic brush at night. Yes, it’s pricey, but so worth it.
- A powerful anti-aging, vitamin C serum with boosted collagen and antioxidants that helps brighten, firm, and hydrate. Like the cleanser, it too has a sweet, energizing citrus scent! I truly believe that this serum helps my skin look and feel softer, smoother, more radiant, and overall healthier-looking.
- A brightening, anti-aging moisturizer with vitamin C and peptides that helps to brighten, firm, and reduce the look of wrinkles by continually moisturizing for a soft, supple, radiant glow. I use this product after the Truth Serum in the evening or in the winter when I really need a surge of moisture for my dry skin.
- Lightweight, oil-free, everyday moisturizer. I use this after the Truth Serum in the morning as my daytime moisturizer. The gel works best for my skin, however I did use the lotion for years and it is great as well. The gel just works best for oiler skin types and it does not leave my skin feeling greasy.
- My absolute favorite lip product I’ve ever owned! The lightly tinted, sheer coverage blend helps smooth and protect my lips with grapeseed oils and vitamin C & E. It glides on so smoothly- like butter and also smells amazing. My husband jokes and calls it my overpriced chapstick, but its so incredible and works soooo much better than any generic store-bought chapstick I’ve ever tried. I’m hooked!
- Such a great thick and creamy under eye moisturizer. A little goes a long, long way and I generally apply it before bed. Unlike the other products, it does not have much of a scent. I can tell the skin around my eyes feels softer after using it. I have also used the Kiehls midnight recovery eye, which I would highly recommend as well.
- Love this mask more than any mask I’ve ever owned because I can see the difference immediately after using it. It clears out environmental toxins, dirt, and debris leaving behind a clearer, refreshed, and dull free complexion. I use this mask one to two times a week ONLY around my chin and jaw line where I notice oil and acne most. I typically use this in conjunction with Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask (not pictured), which I apply to my forehead and cheeks.
- An amazing professional-strength resurfacing system that smooths and brightens the appearance of my skin in one use! It’s a three step kit that includes an almond scrub/expholiator, lemon peel, and chamomile comfort mask. The kit includes 6 treatments which is a great way to treat your skin to an at-home spa facial and peel without having to pay the hight price at a salon or spa. I generally use this treatment once or twice a month and I can definitely tell a difference in my skin.
Tip 1: I most generally always buy the travel size products to try rather than the full-size ones. This way I can try it out first before spending an astronomical amount of $$ to see if it’s something I’m going to like or not. For instance, I bought the Ole Henriksen Brightening essentials set (set of 3 products cleanser, serum, and moisturizer) in December from Sephora for $34!! That’s less than one full-size product alone, and there is still a lot left!
Tip 2: Most places like Sephora and Ulta Beauty have a great return policy that will allow you to return an item if you’re not happy with the results.
Please remember, the skin care products I use and love may not work for you, but never hurts to try something new to find the best beauty products for your skin.