Hello 2018! So good to see you! Time to reset and refocus on good habits and goals for the year ahead.
I’m not generally one for setting a bunch of new year’s goals. They all sounds so great but I know myself too well- fast forward a month and all my resolutions are respite. But hey, it’s the intentions behind them that matter right?! This year I’m keeping them practical and attainable.
- Less time on social media.
- This is going to be difficult though because my blog depends on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc., etc. for views and revenue. My “goal” is to only go on when I have free time rather than getting sucked into mindless scrolling that isn’t even necessary.
- Attend church more often
- I know I can worship God anywhere, but there’s something about a Sunday morning church service that really helps me recharge my spiritual batteries. The music always lightens my spirits and I’m always surprised by how much I get out of the sermons. They are like mini therapy sessions for my soul.
- Eat more fruits and veggies
- Eating healthy has never been my strong suit. I love the idea of it, but when it comes down to it, I’m a busy mom with a full-time job and extracurricular activities, so an all organic, non-fat, low-carb, zero calorie, homemade dinner every night is just not a possibility! I can, however, make sure I include more fruits and vegetables into my daily diet and that for me is a win!
- Drink more water
- Simple. I definitely don’t drink the recommended amount of water everyday. I am trying to drink more water and less….dare I say…. coffee. My hope is to limit myself to two cups of coffee in the morning and then drink nothing but water the rest of the day. We’ll see how this goes.
Life, in general, tends to slow down after the holidays. I like to organize and clean every inch of our home, and update my calendar to prepare for another year. I find myself sifting through my closet, ridding myself of any and all clutter in the kitchen, and rearranging furniture in practically every room!
Looking forward to yet another year of sharing my style, beauty, and home posts with you! Please let me know if you have have something you would like me to cover or see more of!
Photo Credit to Amelia Holder of Holder Photography
Shop This Look
(couldn’t find pajama top (old)- Snooze Button From Target)