A latte is a popular coffee house drink made from espresso and steamed milk.
I love to treat myself to a latte artfully crafted by a Starbucks barista, but it an expensive “treat” and I have found I can make a similar, much less expensive version of it at home without a fancy espresso machine.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- measuring cup
- Keurig machine
- k-cup (I prefer Starbucks House Blend)
- hand blender or milk frother
- flavored syrup (I use Torani vanilla)
- pour 1/2 cup milk and TBSP of flavored syrup in measuring cup
- microwave x 1 min
- froth mixture with hand blender or milk frother to create desired amount of foam
- brew the smallest cup (4 oz) of coffee
- slowly pour frothed milk and syrup mixture into the coffee
- top with the remaining foam