I know, I know, there are sooo many different recipes out there for the “perfect” guacamole, but what’s one more?! If there’s a better dip or appetizer out there other than a fresh bowl of guacamole and chips, will someone please let me know! I’m over here eating guacamole on my burgers, salads, and just plain out of the bowl with a spoon 🙂 (shhhhh!)
The trick to making perfect guacamole is using good, ripe avocados. To check for ripeness, firmly press on the outside of the avocado. If there is some give, it’s ripe. Careful, too much give can mean it’s past ripe and will not taste good.
There really is no right or wrong way to make guacamole. It all depends on your preference. Experiment with different ingredients to create your very own customized, perfect guac. Heck, I would be just fine eating the avocado’s pain!
My Favorite Guacamole Recipe
- 3 Avocados
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Lime Juice from one lime
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Combine avocado halves and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Roughly mash the avocado to desired consistency with a fork (I like mine with chunks of avocado)
- Stir in onion, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, garlic, and tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips!